Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I don't understand. (once again...)

I don't understand humanity. (yes, how many times haven't I started a blog with those words?)
But it's true. Yesterday, I found myself, once again, staring in disbelief at customers who were roaming around in a basket like vultures looking for their next meal.
The cause for their excitement was fussy socks and underwear for half prize.
I thought to myself "Hmm, I wonder if fussy socks were high on their shopping-list? Or the bra in camouflage-color?"
(And yes, you are allowed to say "my, aren't you a smug bastard, like you never bought anything just by impulse"?)
Of course I haven't. I am perfect. I thought we had established that fact already.
On a more serious note, it is quite amazing how easy we fall for the "half-prize" and the special offers in the shops. It's like we disconnect our brain and walk in and let ourselves be seduced by the colors and the promises of cheap bargains.

No comments: